Your company is under the obligation to file an annual return and other documents with Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (“SSM”). In addition, the Company Secretary traditionally maintains the company’s statutory registers listed below:
- Register of company members
- Register of company directors and company secretary
- Register of application and allotments and return of allotments
- Registers of transfer of shares, debenture holders, and charges related to the company
The company secretary should keep the company seal, share certificates, letters of allotment, the Memorandum and Articles of Association, and the Certificate of Incorporation. He or she should also arrange and provide notice for company meetings, and directors’ meetings. The company secretary, as an officer of the company, is liable, together with the company directors, for default fines and other penalties provided by the Companies Act 1965 and imposed by the SSM. We can provide this service for your company thereby ensuring compliance with these requirements.
Our scope of work will cover:-
- Provision of a named Company Secretary
- Upkeep and maintenance of the various Registers and Statutory Records
- Liaising with SSM in respect of the Company’s secretarial and related affairs
- Advisory on compliance with the requirements of the Companies Act, 1965 and other relevant prevailing statutory requirements
- To arrange for and attend Board and General Meetings of the Company and the preparation of the minutes thereof
Kindly contact us if you would like to enquire our secretarial services.